SAFe ART Quickstart - Accelerate your SAFe transformation
The 3 Steps of a SAFe ART Quickstart
Preparation – In order to advise and assist with the preparation tasks, the Quickstart typically includes one or more days of consultation.
SAFe for Teams training – In the first two days of the Quickstart we will train your Agile teams in SAFe principles, practices, and how an agile team works within a SAFe context.
Program Increment (PI) Planning – In the final two days of your Quickstart, we will partner with you to facilitate the first PI Planning event for the new ART.
There are many ways to successfully launch an Agile Release Train (ART) to begin realising the benefits of SAFe. However, our experience has shown that the easiest and fastest way to do this is through the SAFe ART Quickstart approach.
Using this approach, all teams on the ART are trained together, and the first Program Increment (PI) planning session is completed in just one week. While this may seem daunting, hundreds of rollouts have proven that this is the easiest and most pragmatic way to help 100 plus people transition to the new way of working.
Benefits of the Quickstart approach
- The Agile teams will be fully formed
- Teams engage in collective learning that starts forming the social network that the ART depends upon
- The features for the PI will be ready
- Teams form their own identities
- Executives, Business Owners, and other key stakeholders will be trained and aligned with the new ways of thinking and doing
- Specialty roles, such as Product Owners and Scrum Masters will be prepared for their new responsibilities
Who will benefit?
- Executive sponsors and Business Owners
- Change agents and Certified SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
- Product Managers and Product Owners
- System Architects and Development Managers
- Release Train Engineers and Scrum Masters
- Agile team members